Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Deployed? Underway? ETC

A friend of mine was teasing me about my babes coming home so soon from his deployment. He met his ship after they had been out for 6 months so he was only gone for a month and a couple of weeks. This is a long ass time to be away from someone you love but not long in military time. We are very lucky how this situation turned out...BUT I think something that people in the Marines/Army etc don't get is that Navy Sailors go on things called Underways. THEY SUCK.....Comparing a 1 yr deployment for an army soldier..someone in the Navy will be home for a week or so and gone for 2 to 3 weeks, come back a week and gone again for 2 to 3 weeks...There is never any consistency with this situation. I can plan NOTHING. People may not think thats as bad as them being gone a year but sometimes I'd rather that, I'd rather him be gone on a yr deployment then to be gone 3 weeks out of each month for a 2 yr sea duty term. Its stressful.

I am ready for some down time. I'd love to spend time with my husband. He would probably love to spend time with me also...I'm praying we will have an underway free december. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment