Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Craziest weekend..ever

The people who are on my FB list know all of this but I wanted to share it with everyone

Saturday-DH and I went to a wedding and reception it was a day time deal..we drank at the reception, a few mimosas and champagne and came home. Later in the day we decided to go see Inception and go to dinner. DH was saying his stomach felt weird but he still wanted to go out. So we ended up going to to TGI Fridays..he picked over his food *which was lackluster at best* and he just looked a little sick. I told him we could go home so he could lay down but he said he didn't feel TOO bad. We went to go see Inception *AWESOME movie* and came home. Got in the bed, went to sleep.

Sunday- 4:30 am DH woke me up and he was in a lot of pain in his stomach, we thought it was a stomach virus, gas, or food poisoning. DH thought it was constipation so he took a laxative before he woke me up..It didn't help. I made him some tea *something his mom did when he was constipated when he was little that helped him*, I warmed a heating pad and put it on his belly and then his lower back and rubbed his stomach. Eventually he fell asleep

Suunday-9am DH wakes me up and tells me he threw up when he went outside to walk the dog. I'm more concerned now. I call my mom who is an RN and asked does she think we need to go in. She asked did he have a temp, chills, how many times he threw up etc.. She told me to monitor him, give him clear liquids and a really light diet all day and see how he does. DH was NOT having it about going to the ER.

1:00pm He had thrown up 5-6 times and was in extreme pain. He was trying to hide it by staying in our bedroom while I was baking some things in the kitchen. I come in and see he is in a cold sweat, he looks weak and shaky. I was scared out of my mind, he is rarely sick and I've never had to deal with this type of situation without my mom being there :lol I went into freak out mode and helped him get dressed, dressed myself and drove like a crazy person to the ER :lol

We get into the ER and he can barely walk or talk he's in that much pain. He couldn't even keep a grip on my hand...We still were thinking maybe BAD food poisoning. Come to find out...he had appendicitis. :straightface The nurse KNEW it as soon as she talked to me and felt his stomach. However, she had to wait for a surgeon resident and the surgeon to come down and agree with her...They did a CT Scan and decided he needed to be rushed into surgery.
They told me it was a 1 hr procedure, it took 2 hours. I was going crazy in the waiting room. FINALLY the surgeon comes out and says it was really infected, if we would've waited a few hours later he thinks it would've burst etc.. The other surgeon comes in and tells me the same and said DH would be hospitalized for 2-3 days so he could be on antibiotics b/c the infection was so bad.

He got discharged this after noon and he's currently laying on the couch sleep doped up on meds.. I am so grateful that he is ok. So happy that we decided to go to the emergency room. The doctors were all so serious about how bad it would've been if we would have waited another day. Its scary to think that he might be dead or in serious medical trouble right now. One minute we were having fun and the next he was in surgery. I'm not trying to sound dramatic but this whole ordeal really made me feel like an adult. Lol I'm 23, married, experienced some things, we live on our own, but none of that prepped me for how SCARED and helpless I was feeling waiting for him to come out of surgery..

End of my dramatic story..thanks to everyone who posted on my FB and messaged me and called! We appreciate it and Love yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment